Smart light bulbs are the long lasting LED bulbs that can be controlled and customized remotely by smart or voice-controlled technology. These bulbs are often connected to the home assistants like Alexa or Google assistant and can also be controlled by smart home routines. With the smart assistants, the smart light bulbs can be able to communicate with the other smart devices that are in your networks like appliances or entertainment systems.
How do they work?
This bulb work in one of the two ways:
- Networking it with another Bluetooth enabled device or
- Connecting it to the internet via Wi-Fi.
When the bulbs are connected the user can turn on or off the lights easily by using the Smart home routines, remotely via smartphone apps or voice control. You do not have to get up in order to switch on or off the light anymore, just a simple command is enough to switch off or on the bulbs in the entire building.
What are the benefits of smart light bulbs?
Even though the smart LED lights cost higher than the regular bulbs, they have many benefits that would offset their initial cost over the long run. The following are the smart light bulb benefits:
- Longest lifespan: The smart light bulbs have a lifespan of 35000 to 50000 hours even when they work continuously. While the incandescent bulbs have an average lifespan of only about 750 to 2000 hours.
- Requires only less energy: The smart lights usually use LED or CFL bulbs instead of the incandescent bulbs and it can greatly help in the reduction of the amount of electricity required to light a room.
- Provides security: Most of the smart lighting options come with the inclusion of motion detection features. So that the bulbs can turn on or off automatically if someone is in the room or not. This amazing feature can be linked to mobile devices in order to send alerts when it detects the unexpected motion both inside or outdoors.
- Light customization: You can customize the lighting options like dimming or brightening, changing the colors, etc. whenever you need or even by pre-setting options.